Why Al-Huda School?
Our Pre-K through 12th grade college preparatory Islamic school provides your children with what they need to succeed.
High Academic Standards
- Our curriculum exceeds the Maryland State Content Standards
- Islamic perspective integrated throughout the curriculum helps develop an Islamic identity
- Early childhood development begins from Al-Huda's Preschool with heavy emphasis on early
- English (and Arabic) reading skills
- Annual standardized testing using the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS)
- Motivational programs include: the Honor Roll, the Ummah Badge, and other annual events such as the Science Fair, Essay Contest, Quran Competition, Spelling Bee and Sports Day
- Al-Huda takes great care in selecting teachers that have knowledge and experience in the education field, as well as exemplary Islamic character
- Many of our teachers were born or raised in the United States and therefore have unique inroads into the experiences of the Al-Huda student body
- Our professionally qualified staff consists of over 30 degreed teachers and teacher's assistants, five administrators and office staff, plus custodial and maintenance personnel. All together, our faculty brings over 150 years of combined teaching experience to the school
- We continually improve the quality of our staff by holding regular staff development days and intensive teacher training/orientation programs
- Aqabah Karate, a martial arts program with separate boys and girls classes.
- Girl Scouts Program
- Full-time and part-time Hifzh School programs available for both boys and girls
- Participation in national scholastic competitions like MIST.
- Muslim Youth Soccer League: your child can join a soccer team and play against other Muslim soccer teams in the area
- Financial aid for students in need
- A safe, secure, drug and violence free Islamic learning environment
- Our campus lies on nearly 10 acres of wooded parkland, which provides the tranquil, peaceful environment needed to nurture learning
- The 54,000 sq. ft. building contains 22 spacious classrooms, a computer lab, media center, cafeteria, masjid, and offices for teachers and staff
- Ample space outdoors for all kinds of supervised sports and recreational activities using our athletic field and children's playground, or the larger athletic fields of the community park adjacent to the school
A glimpse at a few of our graduates
- Rahmah: Class of '15, was accepted to M.I.T begining Fall 2015. Completed the memorization of the Qur'an at Dar-us-Salaam Hifzh School and is an Aqabah Karate Black Belt.
- Noor: Class of '11, was accepted to Penn State on a full scholoraship. Listed as one of the "18 Incredibly Impressive Students at Penn State" published in Business Insider.
- Hoda: class of '01, finished high school in three years, attended Honors program at PGCC, member of Phi Theta Kappa, on the National Dean's List
- Tahmina: class of '01, finished high school in three years with 4.0 GPA, attended Honors program at NOVA College with scholarship, member of Phi Theta Kappa, on the National Dean's List, received President Bush's Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence
- Anum: class of '02, finished high school in two years, attended Honors program at Montgomery College, member Phi Theta Kappa, on the National Dean's List, listed in the high school "Who's Who?"